Medical emergencies: atrial fibrillation and myocardial infarction
Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
Anaesthesia © 2012 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Special Issue: Emergencies and the Anaesthetist
Volume 68, Issue Supplement s1, pages 84–101, January 2013
How to Cite
Somasundaram, K. and Ball, J. (2013), Medical emergencies: atrial fibrillation and myocardial infarction. Anaesthesia, 68: 84–101. doi: 10.1111/anae.12050
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Accepted: 24 September 2012
- 8Cation interdependency in acute stressor states. [Epub ahead of print June 26, 2012]. American Journal of the Medical Sciences 2012. doi: 10.1097/MAJ.0b013e318253cb07., ,
- 192012 focused update of the ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation. [epub ahead of print August 24, 2012]. European Heart Journal 2012. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehs253., , , et al.
- 23Influence of heart rate on quality of life in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation. Clinical Cardiology2010; 33: E28–32., , , et al.
- 25Role of the combined CHADS2 score and echocardiographic abnormalities in predicting stroke in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience2012; 19: 1242–5., , , et al.
- 29ESC Guidelines for the management of acute coronary syndromes in patients presenting without persistent ST-segment elevation: The Task Force for the management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) in patients presenting without persistent ST-segment elevation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). European Heart Journal2011; 32: 2999–3054., , , et al.
- 30Management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with persistent ST-segment elevation: the Task Force on the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology. European Heart Journal2008; 29: 2909–45., , , et al.
- 322012 ACCF/AHA Focused Update of the Guideline for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (Updating the 2007 Guideline and Replacing the 2011 Focused Update): A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Journal of the American College of Cardiology2012; 60: 645–81., , , et al.
- 46Natriuretic peptides in acute coronary syndromes: prognostic value and clinical implications. Congestive Heart Failure2008; 14: 25–9., , , et al.
- 54Unnecessary arrhythmia monitoring and underutilization of ischemia and QT interval monitoring in current clinical practice: baseline results of the practical use of the latest standards for electrocardiography trial. Journal of Electrocardiology2010; 43: 542–7., , , et al.
- 58ST-segment depression and T-wave inversion: classification, differential diagnosis, and caveats. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine2011; 78: 404–14., .
- 60Non-invasive imaging in coronary artery disease including anatomical and functional evaluation of ischaemia and viability assessment. British Journal of Radiology2011; 84: S280–95., , .
- 632011 ACCF/AHA/SCAI Guideline for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions. Cardiovascular Intervention and Therapeutics2011; 79: 453–95., , , et al.
- 78Effect of intensive statin therapy on clinical outcomes among patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention for acute coronary syndrome: PCI-PROVE IT: A PROVE IT-TIMI 22 (pravastatin or atorvastatin evaluation and infection therapy-thrombolysis in myocardial infarction 22) substudy. Journal of the American College of Cardiology2009; 54: 2290–5., , , , , .
- 79MHRA. Statins: interactions, and updated advice for atorvastatin. Drug Safety Update2008; 1: 2.
- 81Anaemia and prognosis in acute coronary syndromes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of International Medical Research2012; 40: 43–55., , , , , .