Ensuring a sustainable supply of drugs for anaesthesia and peri-operative care
Version of Record online: 22 OCT 2012
Anaesthesia © 2012 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 67, Issue 12, pages 1313–1316, December 2012
How to Cite
Ferguson, K. and Woodcock, T. (2012), Ensuring a sustainable supply of drugs for anaesthesia and peri-operative care. Anaesthesia, 67: 1313–1316. doi: 10.1111/anae.12059
- Issue online: 7 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 22 OCT 2012
- 2US Food and Drugs Administration. FDA works to lessen drug shortage impact. June 9, 2011. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm 258152.htm (accessed 03/07/2012).
- 3The White House. Executive Order 13588 – Reducing prescription drug shortages. October 31, 2011. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/ 2011/10/31/executive-order-reducing-prescription-drug-shortages (accessed 03/07/2012).
- 4H.R.3839: Drug Shortage Prevention Act of 2012. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr3839 (accessed 11/09/2012).
- 5World Health Organization. Essential medicines. http://www.who.int/medicines/services/essmedicines_def/en/ (accessed 11/09/2012).
- 6US Food and Drugs Administration. Drug Shortages. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/HealthProfessionals/ucm235347.htm (accessed 11/09/2012).
- 8Health Canada. Drug Shortages. http://www.drugshortages.ca/drugshortages.asp (accessed 30/08/2012).
- 9Department of Health. Notification and management of medicines shortages, 2006. http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_ consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@en/documents/digitalasset/dh_ 063441.pdf (accessed 03/07/2012).
- 10Department of Health. Notification and management of medicines shortages, 2006 http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@en/documents/digitalasset/dh_063440.pdf (accessed 03/07/2012).
- 11NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement. Quality and Service improvement tools; LEAN – seven wastes, 2008. http://www.institute.nhs.uk/quality_and_service_improvement_tools/quality_and_service_ improvement_tools/lean_-_7_wastes.html (accessed 03/07/2012).
- 12Daily Hansard – Written Answers, 12 Mar 2012. http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201212/cmhansrd/cm120312/text/120312w0005.htm (accessed 15/09/2012).
- 13Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency. Shortages and supply chain obligations – Guidance for registered pharmacies that also hold wholesale dealer's licences. http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Howweregulate/Medicines/Medicinesregulatorynews/CON088191 (accessed 11/09/2012).
- 14All-Party Pharmacy Group. Report of the APPG Inquiry into medicines shortages, 2012. http://www.appg.org.uk/APPG%20Pharmacy%20-%20Report%20of%20Inquiry%20Into%20NHS%20 Medicines%20Shortages.pdf (accessed 03/07/2012).
- 15NHS National electronic Library for Medicines. Drug shortages. http://www.nelm.nhs.uk/en/Categories/Medicines-Information/445426/ (accessed 30/08/2012).
- 16Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency. Anaesthetics – a one-stop resource for anaesthetists. http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Safetyinformation/Healthcareproviders/Anaesthetics/ index.htm (accessed 30/08/2012).
- 17World Health Organization. 18th Expert Committee on the Selection and use of Essential Medicines. http://www.who.int/selection_medicines/committees/expert/18/en/index.html (accessed 03/07/2012).
- 18How to develop a National Essential Medicines List (Draft for Consultation), 2010 http://www.who.int/selection_medicines/committees/expert/18/Cheraghali_How_to_developNEML.pdf (accessed 03/07/2012)..