Anaesthesia and pre-hospital emergency medicine
Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
Anaesthesia © 2012 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Special Issue: Emergencies and the Anaesthetist
Volume 68, Issue Supplement s1, pages 40–48, January 2013
How to Cite
Booth, A., Steel, A. and Klein, J. (2013), Anaesthesia and pre-hospital emergency medicine. Anaesthesia, 68: 40–48. doi: 10.1111/anae.12064
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Accepted: 28 September 2012
- 1Office of National Statistics, Leading Causes of Death – 2009. http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/subnational-health1/leading-causes-of-death/2009/leading-causes-of-death-in-england-and-wales---2009.html (accessed 21/10/2012).
- 4Air medical scene response to blunt trauma: effect of early survival. Medical Journal of Australia1998; 169: 610–5., , , .
- 9A Critical Reassessment of Ambulance Service Airway Management in Pre-Hospital Care. Joint Royal Colleges Ambulance Liaison Committee, 2008. http://jrcalc.org.uk/airway17.6.8.pdf (accessed 08/09/2012).
- 12Report of the working party on the management of patients with major injury. London: Royal College of Surgeons of England, 1988..
- 13Better Care for the Severely Injured – A Joint Report from The Royal College of Surgeons of England and the British Orthopaedic Association, London: RCS. 2000..
- 15National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death. Trauma: who cares? London: NCEPOD, 2007.
- 16Regional Networks for Major Trauma NHS Clinical Advisory Groups Report. London: Department of Health, 2010..
- 22Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. http://www.fphc.info (accessed 25/09/2012).
- 23Pre-hospital and Retrieval Medicine: a New Medical Sub-specialty? Edinburgh: Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Faculty of Pre-hospital Care, 2008.
- 24General Medical Council. http://www.gmc-uk.org/education/anaesthetics.asp (accessed 27/09/2012).
- 25Intercollegiate Board for Training in Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine. http://www.ibtphem.org.uk (accessed 23/09/2012).
- 26Curriculum Framework and Assessment Blueprint Intercollegiate Board for Training in Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine 2012. http://www.ibtphem.org.uk. (accessed 21/10/2012).
- 27Sub-specialty Training in Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine A guide for trainees, trainers, local education providers, employers and deaneries. Intercollegiate Board for Training in Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine 2012. http://www.ibtphem.org.uk (accessed 22/09/2012).
- 39Pre-Hospital Anaesthesia, AAGBI Safety Guideline. Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland, London: AAGBI, 2009.
- 53AAGBI Safety Guideline: Interhospital Transfer. London: Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain & Ireland, 2009.
- 54Guidelines for the transport of the critically ill adult (3rd edition 2011). Intensive Care Society 2011. http://www.ics.ac.uk/professional/guidance_transport_3_3_ (accessed 26/09/2012).
- 55Regional Trauma Systems: Interim Guidance for Commissioners. Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2009. http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/publications (accessed 14/09/12).
- 56Report of the working party on the management of patients with major injuries. Royal College of Surgeons of England, 1998. http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/publications. (accessed 24/09/2012).
- 59NHS Choices. http://www.nhs.uk (accessed 26/09/2012).