You can respond to this article at http://www.anaesthesiacorrespondence.com
Charting change on the labour ward
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2013
Anaesthesia © 2013 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 68, Issue 4, pages 338–342, April 2013
How to Cite
McGlennan, A. P. and Sherratt, K. (2013), Charting change on the labour ward. Anaesthesia, 68: 338–342. doi: 10.1111/anae.12189
- Issue online: 11 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2013
- 2Royal College of Physicians. Acute Medical Care. The Right Person, in the Right Setting – First Time. Report of the Acute Medicine Task Force. London: RCP, 2007.
- 3Royal College of Physicians. National Early Warning Score (NEWS): Standardising the Assessment of Acute Illness Severity in the NHS. Report of a Working Party. London: RCP, 2012.
- 4Outreach and Early Warning Systems (EWS) for the prevention of Intensive Care admission and death of critically ill adult patients on general hospital wards. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2007; 3: CD005529., , , , , .
- 6National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. NICE Clinical Guideline 50: Acutely Ill Patients in Hospital. Recognition of and Response to Acute Illness in Adults in Hospital. London: NICE, 2007.
- 8The Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health (CEMACH). Saving Mothers’ Lives: Reviewing Maternal Deaths to Make Motherhood Safer – 2003–2005. The Seventh Report on Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. London: CEMACH, 2007., ed.
- 10Impact of modified early obstetric warning score systems on monitoring of basic physiological parameters on maternity wards. International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia 2010; 19: S1–S54., .
- 11Severe obstetric morbidity and the value of modified early obstetric warning scores. International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia 2008; 17: S1–S58., , , .
- 12The impact of MEOWS charts on clinical incident reporting. International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia 2010; 19: S1–S54., .
- 13Obstetric early warning score charts: a midwife's view. International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia 2009; 18: S1–S63., , .
- 15The Eighth Report of the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. Saving Mothers’ Lives: Reviewing maternal deaths to make motherhood safer: 2006–2008. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2011; 118: 1–203.
- 16Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre. Female Admissions (Aged 16-50 Years) to Adult, General Critical Care Units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, Reported as “Currently Pregnant” or “Recently Pregnant”. London: ICNARC, 2009.