You can respond to this article at http://www.anaesthesiacorrespondence.com
Human factors in the development of complications of airway management: preliminary evaluation of an interview tool
Article first published online: 18 MAY 2013
Anaesthesia © 2013 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 68, Issue 8, pages 817–825, August 2013
How to Cite
Flin, R., Fioratou, E., Frerk, C., Trotter, C. and Cook, T. M. (2013), Human factors in the development of complications of airway management: preliminary evaluation of an interview tool. Anaesthesia, 68: 817–825. doi: 10.1111/anae.12253
- Issue published online: 11 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 18 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAR 2013
- Scottish Patient Safety Research Network
- 4Fourth National Audit Project of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and Difficult Airway Society. Major Complications of Airway Management in the United Kingdom. London: Royal College of Anaesthetists, 2011. Available at: http://www.rcoa.ac.uk/nap4 (accessed 13/02/2013)., , , (eds).
- 5Never events: the cultural and systems issues that cannot be addressed by individual action plans. Clinical Risk (in press)., , .
- 7Have you ever made a mistake? Bulletin of the Royal College of Anaesthetists 2008; 48: 2242–5..
- 9Human Factors Methods and Accident Investigation. Aldershot: Ashgate, 2012., , , , , .
- 11Models of threat, error and CRM in flight operations. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Aviation Psychology. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1999., ,
- 12Situation Awareness: Analysis and Measurement. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum, 2000., , eds.
- 13Safety and situation awareness in offshore crews. Cognition, Technology & Work 2006; 8: 255–67., , .
- 14Identification of the human factors contributing to maintenance failures in a petroleum operation. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 54th Annual meeting. San Diego: HFES, 2010., ,
- 16Working Minds. A Practitioner's Guide to Cognitive Task Analysis. Cambridge: MIT Press, 2006., ,
- 18Qualitative Data Analysis. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 1994., .
- 27The Human Contribution. Aldershot: Ashgate, 2008.
- 28Safety at the Sharp End. A Guide to Non-Technical Skills. Aldershot: Ashgate, 2008., ,
- 29Managing the Risks of Organizational Accidents. Aldershot: Ashgate, 1997.Cited in Reason, J.
- 30National Commission Deep Water. The Gulf Oil Disaster and the Future of Offshore Drilling. Report to the President. Washington: Department of Energy, 2011.