You can respond to this article at http://www.anaesthesiacorrespondence.com
National Research Strategies: what outcomes are important in peri-operative elderly care?
Article first published online: 5 DEC 2013
© 2013 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Special Issue: Anaesthesia for the Elderly
Volume 69, Issue Supplement s1, pages 61–69, January 2014
How to Cite
Peden, C. J. and Grocott, M. P. W. (2014), National Research Strategies: what outcomes are important in peri-operative elderly care?. Anaesthesia, 69: 61–69. doi: 10.1111/anae.12491
- Issue published online: 5 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 5 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 OCT 2013
- 2The impact of general and regional anesthesia on the incidence of post-operative cognitive dysfunction and post-operative delirium: a systematic review with meta-analysis. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 2010; 22 (Suppl. 3): 67–79., , .
- 3Anaesthesia for hip fracture surgery in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004; 4: CD000521., , .
- 6The National Institute of Academic Anaesthesia Comprehensive Review 2008–2011. http://www.niaa.org.uk/download.php/?fn=NIAA_Feb2012_Final.pdf&mime=application/pdf&pureFn=NIAA_Feb2012_Final.pdf (accessed 30/09/2013)., .
- 9Composite outcomes in randomized clinical trials: arguments for and against. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2007; 196: 119..
- 24Discharge planning from hospital to home. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013; 1: CD000313., , , , , .
- 25Identification of surgical complications and deaths: an assessment of the traditional surgical morbidity and mortality conference compared with the American College of Surgeons-National Surgical Quality Improvement Program. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2006; 203: 618–24., , , et al.
- 31Measuring outcomes after major abdominal surgery during hospitalization: reliability and validity of the Postoperative Morbidity Survey. Perioperative Medicine 2013; 2: 1–9., , , , , .
- 34National hip fracture database. National report 2013. http://www.nhfd.co.uk/003/hipfractureR.nsf/luMenuDefinitions/CA920122A244F2ED802579C900553993/$file/NHFD%20Report%202013.pdf?OpenElement (accessed 30/09/2013).
- 41Quality of life assessment in geriatric surgery. Acta Biomedica 2005; 76 (Suppl. 1): 59–63., , , et al.
- 42Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) in elective surgery. Report to the Department of Health: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, 2007. http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/php/hsrp/research/proms_report_12_dec_07.pdf (accessed 30/09/2013)., , , , , .
- 43Getting the most out of PROMs. Putting health outcomes at the heart of NHS decision-making. The King's Fund, 2010. http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/sites/files/kf/Getting-the-most-out-of-PROMs-Nancy-Devlin-John-Appleby-Kings-Fund-March-2010.pdf (accessed 30/09/2013)., .
- 44Care Quality Commission. Dignity and Nutrition Inspection Programme: National overview, 2011. www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/media/documents/20111007_dignity_and_nutrition_inspection_report.pdf (accessed 30/09/2013).
- 45Continuity of care for older hospital patients. A call for action. http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/sites/files/kf/field/field_publication_file/continuity-of-care-for-older-hospital-patients-mar-2012.pdf (accessed 30/09/2013)., , , .
- 46A hidden problem: pain in older people. March, 2007. http://www.pickereurope.org/assets/content/pdf/Project_Reports/Paincarehomes_final.pdf (accessed 30/09/2013)., , .
- 47Patient preferences for alternative surgical techniques for abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. 2008. http://www.pickereurope.org/assets/content/pdf/Project_Reports/AAA_study_FINAL_Report_FOR_WEB.pdf (accessed 30/09/2013)., .
- 48Multilevel analysis of inpatient experience. March, 2011. http://www.pickereurope.org/assets/content/pdf/Survey_data_analyses/Multilevel_analysis_of_inpatient_experience_March_2011.pdf (accessed 30/09/2013)..