T. Shiraev MBBS (Hons), BSc (Hons); M. G. Condous MBBS, FRACS.
VASCULAR & VASCULAR ACCESS
Incidence and outcomes of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms in rural and urban Australia
Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. ANZ Journal of Surgery © 2013 Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
ANZ Journal of Surgery
Volume 83, Issue 11, pages 838–843, November 2013
How to Cite
Shiraev, T. and Condous, M. G. (2013), Incidence and outcomes of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms in rural and urban Australia. ANZ Journal of Surgery, 83: 838–843. doi: 10.1111/ans.12080
The corresponding author carried out this research as a medical student. He graduated in 2012 and is currently a JMO at St George Hospital, Kogarah, Australia.
- Issue online: 29 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JAN 2013
- 2Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 7th edn. Philadelphia, PA, USA: Elsevier, 2005., , .
- 3Melbourne Vascular Surgery Quality Initiative. Vascular surgery in Victorian public hospitals 2007/2008. Report to the Public. 2008, p. 28.
- 7Principles and Practice of Surgery. Sydney: Elsevier, 2007., , , .
- 8Isolated right testicular pain for six days: an unusual presentation of occult abdominal aortic aneurysm leak. Ann. R. Coll. Surg. Engl. 2011; 93: e1–2., , , .
- 13Australian and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery. Australasian Vascular Audit Report 2011. 2011. Edition, [Cited 7 Jan 2013.] Available from URL: http://www.anzsvs.org.au/national-audit/
- 14Reduction in ruptured aortic aneurysms is not due to increases in endovascular repairs. Am. Surg. 2011; 77: 1395–1398., , , , .
- 16Australian Human Rights Comission (AHRC). The State of Rural Health. 2011. 1st edn. [Cited 3 Apr 2012.] Available from URL: http://www.hreoc.gov.au/human_rights/rural_health/state_of_rural_health.html
- 19Health Statistics New South Wales. Estimated residential population growth by Local Health District, NSW. 2011. 1st edn. [Cited 9 Jul 2012.] Available from URL: http://www.healthstats.nsw.gov.au/Indicator/dem_pop_lhnmap
- 20Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Demographic Statistics Data Cubes, December 2010. 2010. 1st edn. [Cited 11 Jul 2012.] Available from URL: http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/DetailsPage/3101.0Dec%202010?OpenDocument
- 31Geographic location does not limit innovative technology: broad spread assimilation of endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR). J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2011; 213: S112., , .
- 39Scottish Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening Programme. CMO and Public Health Directorate HISD, 11th edn. 2010..
- 40NHS Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening Programme. The newsletter of the NHS abdominal aortic aneurysm screening programme. NAAASP Insight 2009; 1: 1.
- 42Department of Health and Ageing. Horizon Scanning Technology Prioritising Summary: Targeted Screening for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. 2008. 1st edn. [Cited 28 Jun 2012.] Available from URL: http://www.horizonscanning.gov.au/internet/horizon/publishing.nsf/Content/BB580B674729F620CA2575AD0080F351/$File/_Aug_2008_Targetted%20screening%20for%20abdominal%20aortic%20aneurysm.pdf