The authors have stated explicitly that there are no conflicts of interest in connection with this article.
Main Research Article
Maternal mortality in Sweden 1988–2007: more deaths than officially reported
Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors © 2012 Nordic Federation of Societies of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica
Volume 92, Issue 1, pages 40–46, January 2013
How to Cite
Maternal mortality in Sweden 1988–2007: more deaths than officially reported. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2013; 92:40–46., , , .
- Issue published online: 14 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 NOV 2012 04:30AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 MAY 2012
- Swedish Council for Working Life and Social Research. Grant Number: FAS 2007–2026
- Uppsala University
- 14Maternal mortality in Switzerland 1995-2004. Swiss Med Wkly. 2010;140:25–30., , .
- 16Mödradödligheten underskattad i Sverige. Registerstudie av död i samband med graviditet, förlossning och post partum. [Maternal mortality in Sweden underestimated. Registry study of death in connection with pregnancy, delivery and postpartum]. Läkartidningen. 2008;105:2250–3., , , , .
- 18World Health Organization. ICD-10: International statistical classification of diseases and related health problems: tenth revision, Vol. 2, Instruction manual, 2nd edn. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2004.
- 19Centre for Maternal and Child Enquiries C. Saving mothers' lives: reviewing maternal deaths to make motherhood safer, 2006–2008. The Eighth Report of the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011;118(Suppl 1):1–203.
- 22World Health Organization. Trends in maternal mortality: 1990 to 2008. Estimates developed by WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA and The World Bank. Geneva: WHO, 2010.
- 24Effectiveness of pregnancy check boxes on death certificates in identifying pregnancy-associated mortality. Public Health Rep. 2011;126:195–200., .
- 30Excess mortality in women of reproductive age from low-income countries: a Swedish national register study. Eur J Pub Health. Epub 2012 Jul 31., , ,