Transition of children with epilepsies to adult care
Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2012
©2012 The Author(s)/Acta Pædiatrica ©2012 Foundation Acta Pædiatrica
Volume 102, Issue 3, pages 216–221, March 2013
How to Cite
Khan, A., Baheerathan, A., Hussain, N. and Whitehouse, W. (2013), Transition of children with epilepsies to adult care. Acta Paediatrica, 102: 216–221. doi: 10.1111/apa.12097
- Issue online: 5 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 NOV 2012 07:53PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 AUG 2012
- 1Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. The intercollegiate Working Party on Adolescent Health, Bridging the gaps, health care for adolescents; 2003.
- 4Late Adolescence and the Transition to Adulthood. J Res Adolesc 1993; 3: 217–26., , .
- 9Royal College of Nursing Adolescent Transition Care. Guidance for nursing staff; 2004.
- 15Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health. Epilepsy12 national audit. Available at: http://www.rcpch.ac.uk/epilepsy12. (accessed on July 26, 2012).
- 16British Paediatric Association. Handover and support services for young adults with learning disability (mental handicap). Services for children and adolescents with learning disability (mental handicap); Report of a BPA Working Party (British Paediatric Association, London), 1994; 21.
- 17Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. Diagnosis and management of epilepsies in children and young people. 2005. Accessible at: http://www.sign.ac.uk/pdf/sign81.pdf
- 18National Institute of Clinical Excellence. The epilepsies: clinical practice guidelines. CG 137. London: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 2004.
- 19Transitions in long-term care. In: Ory M, Bond K, editors. Aging and health care. Springer, New York, 1989: 217–43., .