As part of AP&T's peer-review process, a technical check of this meta-analysis was performed by Dr Y. Yuan.
You have free access to this content
Meta-analysis: the safety and efficacy of vaptans (tolvaptan, satavaptan and lixivaptan) in cirrhosis with ascites or hyponatraemia
Article first published online: 21 AUG 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 36, Issue 7, pages 619–626, October 2012
How to Cite
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2012; 36: 619–626
- Issue published online: 11 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 21 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 25 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 24 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 APR 2012
- 7Cochrane. Handbook. Available at: http://www.cochrane-handbook.org/. Accessed January 20, 2012.
- 8FDA. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/default.htm. Accessed February 7, 2012.
- 9FDA: Tolvaptan approval. Available at: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2009/022275s000_SumR.pdf. Accessed February 7, 2012.
- 10EMEA: Withdrawal assessment report for Satavaptan. Available at: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Application_withdrawal_assessment_report/2010/01/WC500066192.pdf. Accessed February 10, 2012.
- 12Clinical trial: short-term effects of combination of satavaptan, a selective vasopressin V2 receptor antagonist, and diuretics on ascites in patients with cirrhosis without hyponatraemia–a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2010; 31: 834–45., , , et al.
- 18The effects of a vasopressin V2 receptor antagonist in the management of patients with cirrhosis and hyponatremia. Safety and efficacy of oral Tolvaptan in the SALT trials. Hepatology 2009; 50: 467A., , , et al.
- 19Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of tolvaptan, a novel V2-receptor antagonist, in hyponatremia: Results of the SALT 2 trial with emphasis on efficacy and safety in cirrhosis. Hepatology 2005; 42(Suppl. 1): 756A., , , et al.
- 20Double-blind, placebo-controlled study of satavaptan in the management og reccurent ascites: the SPARE-1 study. Hepatology 2009; 50: 448A., , , et al.
- 23Effects of satavaptan on hyponatremia, management of ascites and morbidity in liver cirrhosis in a long-term placebo-controlled study. Hepatology 2008; 48: 413A–4A., , , , .