Joint senior authors.
Safety and efficacy of liraglutide in patients with type 2 diabetes and elevated liver enzymes: individual patient data meta-analysis of the LEAD program
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 234–242, January 2013
How to Cite
Armstrong, M. J., Houlihan, D. D., Rowe, I. A., Clausen, W. H. O., Elbrønd, B., Gough, S. C. L., Tomlinson, J. W. and Newsome, P. N. (2013), Safety and efficacy of liraglutide in patients with type 2 diabetes and elevated liver enzymes: individual patient data meta-analysis of the LEAD program. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 37: 234–242. doi: 10.1111/apt.12149
- Issue published online: 17 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 30 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 29 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 5 OCT 2012
- Novo Nordisk
- 7Liraglutide, a once-daily human GLP-1 analogue, added to a sulphonylurea over 26 weeks produces greater improvements in glycaemic and weight control compared with adding rosiglitazone or placebo in subjects with Type 2 diabetes (LEAD-1 SU). Diabet Med 2009; 26: 268–78., , , et al.
- 14Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor activation stimulates hepatic lipid oxidation and restores hepatic signalling alteration induced by a high-fat diet in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Liver Int 2011; 31: 1285–97., , , et al.
- 15Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor is present on human hepatocytes and has a direct role in decreasing hepatic steatosis in vitro by modulating elements of the insulin signaling pathway. Hepatology 2010; 51: 1584–92., , , et al.
- 20Metabolic effects of two years of exenatide treatment on diabetes, obesity, and hepatic biomarkers in patients with type 2 diabetes: an interim analysis of data from the open-label, uncontrolled extension of three double-blind, placebo-controlled trials. Clin Ther 2007; 29: 139–53., , , et al.
- 21National Cholesterol Education Program. Third report of the expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report. Circulation 2002; 106: 3143–421.
- 25Weight loss with liraglutide, a once-daily human glucagon-like peptide-1 analogue for type 2 diabetes treatment as monotherapy or added to metformin, is primarily as a result of a reduction in fat tissue. Diabetes Obes Metab 2009; 11: 1163–72., , , et al.
- 26Hepatic steatosis and subclinical cardiovascular disease in a cohort enriched for type 2 diabetes: the Diabetes Heart Study. Am J Gastroenterol 2008; 103: 3029–35., , , et al.Direct Link: