Randomised Clinical Trial
Randomised clinical trial: a 1-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of pancreatin 25 000 Ph. Eur. minimicrospheres (Creon 25000 MMS) for pancreatic exocrine insufficiency after pancreatic surgery, with a 1-year open-label extension
Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 37, Issue 7, pages 691–702, April 2013
How to Cite
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2013; 37: 691–702
- Issue online: 5 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 17 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 3 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 NOV 2012
- 2Pancreatic Section of the British Society of Gastroenterology, Pancreatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland, Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland, Royal College of Pathologists, Special Interest Group for Gastro-Intestinal Radiology. Guidelines for the management of patients with pancreatic cancer periampullary and ampullary carcinomas. Gut 2005; 54(Suppl. 5): v1–16.
- 10A comparison of the efficacy and tolerance of pancrelipase and placebo in the treatment of steatorrhea in cystic fibrosis patients with clinical exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95: 1932–8., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 12Efficacy and tolerability of a new formulation of pancrelipase delayed-release capsules in children aged 7 to 11 years with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency and cystic fibrosis: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, two-period crossover, superiority study. Clin Ther 2010; 32: 89–103., , , et al.
- 14A 6-month, open-label clinical trial of pancrelipase delayed-release capsules (Creon) in patients with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency due to chronic pancreatitis or pancreatic surgery. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2011; 33: 1152–61., , , et al.
- 15Randomised clinical trial: the efficacy and safety of pancreatin enteric-coated minimicrospheres (Creon 40000 MMS) in patients with pancreatic exocrine insufficiency due to chronic pancreatitis - a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2012; 36: 426–36., , , et al.
- 20Guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic pancreatitis. S Afr Med J 2010; 100: 845–60., , , et al.
- 22Management of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency: Australasian Pancreatic Club recommendations. Med J Aust 2010; 193: 461–7., , , , , .
- 26Effect of underlying disease on efficacy and safety of pancrelipase delayed-release capsules (CREON®) in a randomized trial of patients with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency due to chronic pancreatitis or pancreatic surgery. Am J Gastroenterol 2010; 105(Suppl. 1): S48–74. (Abstract 137)., , , , , .
- 27A 51-week, open-label clinical trial in India to assess the efficacy and safety of pancreatin 40000 enteric-coated minimicrospheres in patients with pancreatic exocrine insufficiency due to chronic pancreatitis. Pancreatology 2013 (in press)., , , et al.
- 28Enzyme replacement therapy for pancreatic insufficiency: present and future. Clin Exp Gastroenterol 2011; 4: 55–73., , .