The aspirin cardiovascular/gastrointestinal risk calculator - a tool to aid clinicians in practice
Article first published online: 17 FEB 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 37, Issue 7, pages 738–748, April 2013
How to Cite
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2013; 37: 738–748
- Issue published online: 5 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 17 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 21 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 6 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 OCT 2012
- Government of the Autonomous Region of Aragón
- Spanish Society of Cardiology
- 1Available at: http://www.who.int/en/
- 7Antithrombotic Trialists' (ATT) Collaboration; , , , , , , , , , , , , . Aspirin in the primary and secondary prevention of vascular disease: collaborative meta-analysis of individual participant data from randomised trials. Lancet 2009; 373: 1849–60.
- 13Medical Research Council's General Practice Research Framework. Thrombosis prevention trial: randomized trial of low-intensity oral anticoagulation with warfarin and low dose aspirin in the primary prevention of ischemic heart disease in men at increased risk. Lancet 1998; 351: 233–41.
- 17ACCF/ACG/AHA 2008 expert consensus document on reducing the gastrointestinal risks of antiplatelet therapy and NSAID use: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008; 52: 1502–17., , , et al.
- 23Aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular events in people with diabetes: a position statement of the American Diabetes Association, a scientific statement of the American Heart Association, and an expert consensus document of the American College of Cardiology Foundation. Circulation 2010; 121: 2694–701., , , et al.
- 252010 expert consensus document on the concomitant use of proton pump inhibitors and thienopyridines: a focused update of the ACCF/ACG/AHA. 2008 expert consensus document on reducing the gastrointestinal risks of antiplatelet therapy and NSAID use. A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Expert Consensus Documents. J Am Coll Cardiol 2010; 56: 2051–66., , , et al.
- 32Prevention of NSAID-induced gastroduodenal ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2002; 4: CD002296., , , et al.
- 34The Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions. Available at: http://www.scai.org.