Randomised Clinical Trial
Randomised clinical trial: macrogol/PEG 3350+electrolytes versus prucalopride in the treatment of chronic constipation - a comparison in a controlled environment
Article first published online: 10 MAR 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 37, Issue 9, pages 876–886, May 2013
How to Cite
Cinca, R., Chera, D., Gruss, H.-J. and Halphen, M. (2013), Randomised clinical trial: macrogol/PEG 3350+electrolytes versus prucalopride in the treatment of chronic constipation - a comparison in a controlled environment. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 37: 876–886. doi: 10.1111/apt.12278
- Issue published online: 3 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 10 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 18 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 12 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 18 DEC 2012
- Norgine Ltd
- 2Systematic review on the management of chronic constipation in North America. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100(Suppl. 1): S5–21., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 14Norgine Ltd. Movicol Summary of Product Characteristics. May 2011. Available at: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/1244/SPC/Movicol+13.8g+sachet,+powder+for+oral+solution/. Accessed July 16, 2012.
- 15Norgine Ltd. Movicol Paediatric Plain Summary of Product Characteristics. May 2011. Available at: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/14165. Accessed July 16, 2012.
- 19NICE. Constipation in children and young people: diagnosis and management of idiopathic childhood constipation in primary and secondary care. Clinical Guideline May 2010. Available at: http://publications.nice.org.uk/constipation-in-children-and-young-people-cg99/guidance. Accessed January 28, 2013.
- 22Clinical trial: the efficacy, impact on quality of life, and safety and tolerability of prucalopride in severe chronic constipation–a 12-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2009; 29: 315–28., , , et al.
- 24NICE. Prucalopride for the treatment of chronic constipation in women. NICE technology appraisal guidance 211, 2010. Dec 2010.
- 29The EuroQol Group. EuroQol–a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life. The EuroQol Group. Health Policy 1990; 16: 199–208.
- 33A randomized, multicenter, placebo-controlled trial of polyethylene glycol laxative for chronic treatment of chronic constipation. Am J Gastroenterol 2007; 102: 1436–41., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 35A randomized, placebo-controlled, multicenter study of the safety and efficacy of a new polyethylene glycol laxative. Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95: 446–50., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 38A randomized, multicenter comparison of polyethylene glycol laxative and tegaserod in treatment of patients with chronic constipation. Am J Gastroenterol 2007b; 102: 1964–71., , , et al.Direct Link:
- 39Epidemiology and burden of chronic constipation. Can J Gastroenterol 2011; 25(Suppl. B): 11B–5B., .
- 40NHS Regional Drug and Therapeutics Centre (Newcastle). Cost Comparison Charts. Apr 2012.