This article was accepted for publication after full peer-review.
Patients' preferences and health utility assessment with SF-6D and EQ-5D in patients with chronic hepatitis C treated with sofosbuvir regimens
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2014
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Volume 40, Issue 6, pages 676–685, September 2014
How to Cite
Stepanova, M., Nader, F., Cure, S., Bourhis, F., Hunt, S. and Younossi, Z. M. (2014), Patients' preferences and health utility assessment with SF-6D and EQ-5D in patients with chronic hepatitis C treated with sofosbuvir regimens. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 40: 676–685. doi: 10.1111/apt.12880
- Issue published online: 14 AUG 2014
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 26 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 29 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Received: 28 APR 2014
- Gilead Sciences
- 5Methods for measuring temporary health states for cost-utility analyses. Pharmacoeconomics 2009; 27: 713–23., , , , .
- 7Adult measures of general health and health-related quality of life: Medical Outcomes Study Short Form 36-Item (SF-36) and Short Form 12-Item (SF-12) Health Surveys, Nottingham Health Profile (NHP), Sickness Impact Profile (SIP), Medical Outcomes Study Short Form 6D (SF-6D), Health Utilities Index Mark 3 (HUI3), Quality of Well-Being Scale (QWB), and Assessment of Quality of Life (AQoL). Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2011; 63(Suppl. 11): S383–412., , , , , .
- 11Measuring Utility for Economic Models Within Clinical Trials: Can we do Better? ISPOR 16th Annual European Congress, Issue Panel 3, 2013 Ireland, Dublin., , , .
- 12Deriving an algorithm to convert the eight mean SF-36 dimension scores into a Mean EQ-5D preference-based score from published studies (where patient level data are not available). Value Health 2008; 11: 1131–43., .
- 13Cross-national comparison of twelve quality of life instruments: MIC paper 3 United Kingdom. November, 2012. Clayton, Vic., Australia: Centre for Health Economics, Monash University., , , .
- 15Estimating the association between SF-36 responses and EQ-5D utility values by direct mapping. Proceedings of Health Economists Study Group Meeting (HESG) (January 2004, Paris, France), paper H8, 2004, pp. 1–18., , .
- 18Economic burden and current managed care challenges associated with hepatitis C. Am J Manag Care 2012; 18(14 Suppl.): S350–9..
- 19Absenteeism and productivity among employees being treated for hepatitis C. Am J Manag Care 2011; 17: 657–64., , , , .
- 21Cost-effectiveness analysis of direct-acting antiviral therapy for treatment-naive patients with chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 infection in the Veterans health administration. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013; 11: 1503–10., , , et al.
- 27Impact of adverse events on costs and quality of life in protease inhibitor-based combination therapy for hepatitis C. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 2012; 12: 335–43., , , , .
- 31Minimal impact of sofosbuvir and ribavirin on health related quality of life in chronic hepatitis C (CH-C). J Hepatol 2013; 58: S557., , , et al.
- 32Effects of sofosbuvir-based treatment, with and without interferon, on outcome and productivity of patients with chronic hepatitis C. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2013. doi:pii: S1542-3565(13)01838-7. doi: 10.1016/j.cgh.2013.11.032, , , et al.
- 34Review article: the efficacy and safety of sofosbuvir, a novel, oral nucleotide NS5B polymerase inhibitor, in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2014; 39: 478–87. doi:10.1111/apt.12601.
- 35What is the relationship between the minimally important difference and health state utility values? The case of the SF-6D. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2003; 11: 4., .
- 37Patient-reported outcomes in chronic hepatitis C patients with cirrhosis treated with sofosbuvir-containing regimens. Hepatology 2014 59: 2161–9., , , et al.