Clopidogrel variability: role of plasma protein binding alterations
Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2013
© 2012 The Authors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2012 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 75, Issue 6, pages 1468–1477, June 2013
How to Cite
Ganesan, S., Williams, C., Maslen, C. L. and Cherala, G. (2013), Clopidogrel variability: role of plasma protein binding alterations. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75: 1468–1477. doi: 10.1111/bcp.12017
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 NOV 2012 06:37AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 AUG 2012
- Medical Research Foundation of Oregon
- OHSU Oregon Clinical & Translational Research Institute. Grant Number: NIH NCRR 1 UL1 RR024120
- OSU/OHSU College of pharmacy
- 2European Guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice (version 2012). The Fifth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice (constituted by representatives of nine societies and by invited experts). Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation (EACPR). Eur Heart J 2012; 33: 1635–1701., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 42011 ACCF/AHA/SCAI Guideline for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions. Circulation 2011; 124: e574–651., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 8Abstract 4452: what are the reasons for clopidogrel discontinuation after PCI? Circulation 2008; 118: S_891., , , , , , , , , , .
- 11The greater in vivo antiplatelet effects of prasugrel as compared to clopidogrel reflect more efficient generation of its active metabolite with similar antiplatelet activity to that of clopidogrel's active metabolite. J Thromb Haemost 2007; 5: 1545–1551., , , , , , , .
- 21Drug Discovery and Evaluation: Methods in Clinical Pharmacology. New York, NY: Springer, 2010., , .
- 22Absorption, metabolization, and antiplatelet effects of 300-, 600-, and 900-mg loading doses of clopidogrel: results of the ISAR-CHOICE (Intracoronary Stenting and Antithrombotic Regimen: Choose Between 3 High Oral Doses for Immediate Clopidogrel Effect) Trial. Circulation 2005; 112: 2946–2950., , , , , .
- 24Predicting platelet response after clopidogrel with plasma cytokine profile. In: Annual meeting of American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Los Angeles, CA. AAPS J 2009; 11: (S2)., , .