Pharmacokinetic dynamic relationships
Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluation of linagliptin in African American patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2013
© 2013 The Authors. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology © 2013 The British Pharmacological Society
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Special Issue: Cancer Therapeutics Themed Section
Volume 76, Issue 3, pages 445–454, September 2013
How to Cite
Friedrich, C., Glund, S., Lionetti, D., Kissling, C. J., Righetti, J., Patel, S., Graefe-Mody, U., Retlich, S. and Woerle, H.-J. (2013), Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluation of linagliptin in African American patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 76: 445–454. doi: 10.1111/bcp.12077
- Issue online: 20 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 JAN 2013 07:19AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAY 2012
- 1US Food and Drug Administration. FDA approves new treatment for type 2 diabetes. May 2, 2011. Available at http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm253501.htm (last accessed 19 March 2012).
- 2Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Tradjenta (Linagliptin) Package Insert. Ridgefield, CT; 2011. Tradjenta [Package Insert]. Ridgefield, CT: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 2011; Available at http://www.tradjenta.com (last accessed 3 May 2011).
- 4(R)-8-(3-amino-piperidin-1-yl)-7-but-2-ynyl-3-methyl-1-(4-methyl-quinazoli n-2-ylmethyl)-3,7-dihydro-purine-2,6-dione (BI 1356), a novel xanthine-based dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitor, has a superior potency and longer duration of action compared with other dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2008; 325: 175–182., , , , , .
- 5Concentration-dependent plasma protein binding of the novel dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitor BI 1356 due to saturable binding to its target in plasma of mice, rats and humans. J Pharm Pharmacol 2009; 61: 55–62., , , , .
- 8Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of single rising intravenous doses (0.5 mg–10 mg) and determination of absolute bioavailability of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor linagliptin (BI 1356) in healthy male subjects. Clin Pharmacokinet 2010; 49: 829–840., , , , , , , , .
- 9Diabetes prevalence and therapeutic target achievement in the United States, 1999 to 2006. Am J Med 2009; 122: 443–453. Pharmacokinetics Of Single And Multiple Oral Doses Of 5 mg Linagliptin In Healthy Chinese Volunteers. Presented at the 2011 annual meeting of the American Association of Clinical Pharmacology, September 11–13, Chicago, IL., , , , , .
- 20Deaths: Final Data for 2007. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2010., , , .
- 32Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluation of linagliptin in African American patients with type 2 diabetes. Presented at the 2011 Annual Meeting of the American Association of Clinical Pharmacology, September 11–13, Chicago, IL. 2011., , , , , .
- 34Linagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor in development for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus: a Phase I, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of single and multiple escalating doses in healthy adult male Japanese subjects. Clin Ther 2010; 32: 1188–1204., , , , , , , , .
- 36Pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and tolerability profiles of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor linagliptin: a 4-week multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase IIa study in Japanese type 2 diabetes patients. Clin Ther 2011; 33: 973–989., , , , , , , , .