Early Skin-to-Skin Contact, Rooming-in, and Breastfeeding: A Comparison of the 2004 and 2011 National Surveys in Taiwan
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2014
© 2014, Copyright the Authors Journal compilation © 2014, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 33–38, March 2014
How to Cite
Birth 41:1 March 2014
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 DEC 2013
- 1Factors associated with maternal decision regarding infant feeding. Clin Neonatol 2000;7:24–29., .
- 2World Health Organization. Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1992.
- 3Annual Report of the Bureau of Health Promotion. New Taipei City: Bureau of Health Promotion, Department of Health, Republic of China (Taiwan), 2012:24.
- 4Health Promotion Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Republic of China (Taiwan). Breastfeeding. Accessed November 7, 2013. Available at: http://www.hpa.gov.tw/BHPNet/Web/HealthTopic/TopicArticle.aspx?No=201110060023&parentid=201110060004.
- 5World Health Organization. Nutrition: The WHO Global Data Bank on Infant and Young Child Feeding. Accessed November 7, 2013. Available at: http://www.who.int/nutrition/databases/infantfeeding/en/index.html.
- 6World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund. Innocenti Declaration. On the Protection, Promotion and Support of Breastfeeding. Florence, Italy: UNICEF, 1991.
- 7Review of Taiwan's Baby Friendly program and the implications for breastfeeding. Chang Gung Nurs J 2000;12:64–71. [in Chinese]., , , .
- 13Early skin-to-skin contact for mothers and their healthy newborn infants. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;3:CD003519., , .
- 14Separate care for new mothers and infant versus rooming-in for increasing the duration of breastfeeding. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012;9:CD006641., , .
- 16The relationship between in-hospital breastfeeding rates and hospital type. Hu Li Za Zhi 2005;52(6):40–48. [in Chinese]., , .
- 17Health Promotion Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Republic of China (Taiwan). Breastfeeding. Accessed November 5, 2013. Available at: http://www.hpa.gov.tw/BHPNet/Web/HealthTopic/Topic.aspx?id=201110060002.
- 20Vital signs: Hospital practices to support breastfeeding–United States, 2007 and 2009. MMWR 2011;60(30):1020–1025., , , et al.