Nordic Homebirth Research Group consisting of Ellen Blix, PhD, is a principal curator, TromsÖ, University Hospital, Norway; Hanne Kjaergaard, PhD, is a clinical associate professor, Juliane Marie Research Centre, Denmark; OlofAsta Olofsdottir, PhD, is a professor, Reykjavik University, Iceland; Ingegerd Hildingsson, PhD, is a professor, Mid-Sweden University, Sweden; Li Thies-Lagergren, PhD, is a clinical midwife, Helsingborg General Hospital, Sweden; Ingela Radestad, PhD, is a professor, Sophiahemmet University College, Sweden; Ingela Lundgren, PhD, is an associate professor, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Creating a Safe Haven—Women's Experiences of the Midwife's Professional Skills During Planned Home Birth in Four Nordic Countries
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2014
© 2014, Copyright the Authors Journal compilation © 2014, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 100–107, March 2014
How to Cite
Birth 41:1 March 2014
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 NOV 2013
- 1National board of Health and Welfare, Sweden. The Swedish medical births register. Accessed January 2, 2013. Available at: http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/Lists/Artikelkatalog/Attachments/18966/2013-2-7.pdf.
- 2Ministry of Health and Care Services. Norwegian directorate of health, Accessed May 3, 2013. Available at: www.regjeringen.no/en/dep/hod/About-the-Ministry/Subordinate-institutions/the-directorate-for-health-and-social-af.html?id=213297.
- 3National Board of Health, Denmark Sundhedsstyrelsen. [In Danish.] Accessed February 3, 2013. Available at: http://sundhedsstyrelsen.dk/publ/Publ2012/03mar/Foedselsstatistik2011.pdf.
- 4Report from The Birth Register. 2011 [Skýrsla frá fæðingarskráningunni fyrir árið 2011] Accessed May 3, 2013. Available at http://www.landspitali.is/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=28351.
- 7National board of health [Sundhedsstyrelsen.] Homebirth. [Hjemmefödsel.] Acssessed May 3, 2013. Available at: http://www.sst.dk/Webudgivelser/&!&~/link.aspx?_id=9091B099275F4B0E9EFB46219200DD2A&_z=z.
- 8Guidelines for safer homebirths. The Norwegian Directorate of Health. Accessed November 9, 2012. Available at: http://helsedirektoratet.no/Om/nyheter/Sider/retningslinjer-for-hjemefodsel.aspx9.
- 9Icelandic Directorate of health. Pregnancy and childbirth, 2007. Accessed March 4, 2013. Available at: http://en.island.is/family/having_a_baby/pregnancy_and_childbirth/.
- 10Stockholm County Council. Preconditions for the approval of county funding. Health and Medical Care, Accessed March 9, 2013. Available at: http://www.vardguiden.se/Tema/Gravid/Forlossningen/Foda-hemma&-riktlinjer/.
- 25A Pleasing Birth: Midwifery and Maternity Care in the Netherlands. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004..
- 28Research Design. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, 2009..
- 38Continuous support for women during childbirth. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; Issue 2, Art. no.: CD003766., , , et al.