The Problem of Increasing Maternal Morbidity: Integrating Normality and Risk in Maternity Care in the United States
Article first published online: 22 MAY 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 41, Issue 2, pages 119–121, June 2014
How to Cite
Morton, C. H. (2014), The Problem of Increasing Maternal Morbidity: Integrating Normality and Risk in Maternity Care in the United States. Birth, 41: 119–121. doi: 10.1111/birt.12117
- Issue published online: 22 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 22 MAY 2014
- 1Amnesty International. Deadly Delivery: The Maternal Health Care Crisis in the USA. London: Amnesty International Secretariat, 2010.
- 4The Joint Commission. Preventing Maternal Death. Sentinal Event Alert. Issue 44 2010. Accessed January 26, 2010. Available at: http://ww.jointcommission.org/sentinal_event_alert_issue_44_preventing_maternal_death.
- 5Maternal mortality and morbidity in the United States: Where are we now? J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2014;23(1):3–9., , , et al.
- 7Severe maternal morbidity among delivery and postpartum hospitalizations in the United States. Obstet Gynecol 2012;120(5):1029–1036., , .
- 8Racial and ethnic disparities in severe maternal morbidity: A multistate analysis, 2008–2010. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2013; [early online December 2, 2013] DOI: 10.1016/j.ajog.2013.11.039., , , .
- 14The social invisibility of maternal morbidities in US motherhood narratives: Giving voice to lived experience. Motherhood Conference; March 6–8, 2014; New York: MOM Museum 2014., , .
- 15Trends in maternal morbidity before and during pregnancy in California. Am J Public Health 2014;104(Suppl 1):S49–S57., , , et al.
- 16Validation of a scoring system to identify women with near-miss maternal morbidity. Am J Perinatol 2013;30(1):21–24., , , .
- 172020 vision for a high-quality, high-value maternity care system. Womens Health Issues 2010;20(Suppl 1):S7–S17., , , et al.
- 18Obstetric care consensus no. 1: Safe prevention of the primary cesarean delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2014;123(3):693–711.