Funding sources This study was funded in part by a donation from Abbott Hellas SA.
CLINICAL AND LABORATORY INVESTIGATIONS
Impact of Toll-like receptor-4 and tumour necrosis factor gene polymorphisms in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa
Article first published online: 30 JAN 2013
© 2012 The Authors. BJD © 2012 British Association of Dermatologists
British Journal of Dermatology
Volume 168, Issue 2, pages 311–317, February 2013
How to Cite
Savva, A., Kanni, T., Damoraki, G., Kotsaki, A., Giatrakou, S., Grech, I., Katoulis, A., Papadavid, E. and Giamarellos-Bourboulis, E.J. (2013), Impact of Toll-like receptor-4 and tumour necrosis factor gene polymorphisms in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa. British Journal of Dermatology, 168: 311–317. doi: 10.1111/bjd.12105
Conflicts of interest None declared.
- Issue published online: 30 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 30 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 OCT 2012 01:56AM EST
- Accepted for publication 17 October 2012.
- 1Hidradenitis suppurativa. Dermatol Clin2010; 28:15–24., .
- 2Hidradenitis suppurativa. Presse Med2010; 39:1254–64..
- 3The prevalence of hidradenitis suppurativa and its potential precursor lesions. J Am Acad Dermatol1996; 39:971–4., , .
- 4Psychophysical aspects of hidradenitis suppurativa. Acta Derm Venereol2010; 90:264–8., , .
- 20The GA single nucleotide polymorphism at the -308 position in the tumor necrosis factor-alpha promoter increases the risk for severe sepsis after trauma. J Trauma2002; 52:817–25., , .
- 26Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha -238 and -308 as genetic markers of susceptibility to psoriasis and severity of the disease in a long-term follow-up Brazilian study. Int J Dermatol2010; 49:1133–40., , et al.
- 27A -308 promoter polymorphism of tumor necrosis factor alpha gene does not associate with the susceptibility to psoriasis vulgaris. No difference either between psoriasis type I and type II patients. Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Panonica Adriat2006; 15:113–18., , , .
- 29Has Toll-like receptor 4 been prematurely dismissed as an inflammatory bowel disease gene? Association study combined with meta-analysis shows strong evidence for association. Am J Gastroenterol2007; 102:2504–12., , et al.Direct Link:
- 41Single nucleotide polymorphisms of toll-like receptor-4 protect against acne conglobata. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol2012; 26:1538–43., , et al.