Funding sources This work was supported by an unrestricted grant from Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique, France.
Therapeutic patient education in atopic eczema
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2014
© 2014 The Authors BJD © 2014 British Association of Dermatologists
British Journal of Dermatology
Special Issue: Atopic Dermatitis – When the skin window is open. Guest Editor: Professor Andreas Wollenberg. Publication of this supplement was supported by Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique, Laboratoires Dermatologiques Avéne
Volume 170, Issue Supplement s1, pages 44–48, July 2014
How to Cite
Barbarot, S. and Stalder, J.F. (2014), Therapeutic patient education in atopic eczema. British Journal of Dermatology, 170: 44–48. doi: 10.1111/bjd.12932
Conflicts of interest S.B. has received an honorarium to write this paper and both authors have received research grants from the Foundation for Atopic Dermatitis, Pierre Fabre.
- Issue published online: 16 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 APR 2014 03:51AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 FEB 2014
- Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique, France
- 1What patients want: a content analysis of key qualities that influence patient satisfaction. J Med Pract Manage 2007; 22:255–61., , .
- 11Psychological and educational interventions for atopic eczema in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2014; Jan 7; 1:CD004054., , et al.
- 12Patient education in chronic skin diseases: a systematic review. Acta Derm Venereol 2011; 91:12–17., , , .
- 17The Person-Centered Dermatology Self-Care Index: a tool to measure education and support needs of patients with long-term skin conditions. Arch Dermatol 2012; 148:1251–6., , , .
- 25Costs and cost-effectiveness analysis of treatment in children with eczema by nurse practitioner vs. dermatologist: results of a randomized, controlled trial and a review of international costs. Br J Dermatol 2011; 165:600–11., , .
- 26Patient education programs for childhood atopic dermatitis: who is interested? J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 2012; 10:657–61., , , .