Funding sources This work was supported by an unrestricted grant from Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique, France.
Atopic dermatitis – all you can do from the outside
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2014
© 2014 The Authors BJD © 2014 British Association of Dermatologists
British Journal of Dermatology
Special Issue: Atopic Dermatitis – When the skin window is open. Guest Editor: Professor Andreas Wollenberg. Publication of this supplement was supported by Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique, Laboratoires Dermatologiques Avéne
Volume 170, Issue Supplement s1, pages 19–24, July 2014
How to Cite
Gelmetti, C. and Wollenberg, A. (2014), Atopic dermatitis – all you can do from the outside. British Journal of Dermatology, 170: 19–24. doi: 10.1111/bjd.12957
Conflicts of interest C.G. has served on advisory boards for La Roche-Posay, MEDA Pharma and Pierre Fabre Laboratories and has received honoraria for lecturing from Expanscience Laboratories and MEDA Pharma. He has also received consultancy honoraria from Expanscience Laboratories and Pierre Fabre Laboratories and travel support from Expanscience Laboratories and MEDA Pharma. A.W. has received honoraria, has performed clinical trials sponsored by, or is a paid consultant for ALK-Scherax, Amgen, Astellas, Bayer, Biocon, Galderma, Glaxo-Smith-Kline, Hickma, Janssen, Karrer, Leo, L'Oreal, MEDA, Merz, Merck-Sharp-Dohme, Novartis, Pierre Fabre, Roche and Therakos.
- Issue published online: 16 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 APR 2014 03:51AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 FEB 2014
- Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique, France
- 1A new understanding of atopic dermatitis: the role of epidermal barrier dysfunction and subclinical inflammation. J Clin Dermatol 2010; 1:33–46., .
- 2A look at epidermal barrier function in atopic dermatitis: physiologic lipid replacement and the role of ceramide. Skin Therapy Lett 2012; 7:6–9., , .
- 6An over-the-counter moisturizer is as clinically effective as, and more cost-effective than, prescription barrier creams in the treatment of children with mild-to-moderate atopic dermatitis: a randomized, controlled trial. J Drugs Dermatol 2011; 10:531–7., , et al.
- 7Prevention of atopic dermatitis. F1000 Med Rep 2012; 4:24., , .
- 9Dermatitis. In: Braun-Falco's Dermatology (Plewig G, Wolff HH, Burgdorf WH, Landthaler M, eds), 3rd edn. Berlin: Springer, 2008., .
- 25Proaktive und reaktive Behandlungsansätze der Neurodermitis mit differenten Externa. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 2007; 5(Suppl. 2):S105..
- 26Der Mensch auf der Suche nach Sinn. Stuttgart: Ernst Klett Verlag, 1972..
- 31Efficacy and safety of fluticasone propionate 0.005% ointment in the long-term maintenance treatment of children with atopic dermatitis: differences between boys and girls? Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2009; 20:59–66., , et al.
- 37Reduction of relapses of atopic dermatitis with methylprednisolone aceponate cream twice weekly in addition to maintenance treatment with emollient: a multicentre, randomized, double-blind, controlled study. Br J Dermatol 2008; 158:801–7., , et al.
- 39Silk fabrics in the management of atopic dermatitis. Skin Therapy Lett 2012; 3:5–7., , et al.
- 40Skin-protective effects of a zinc oxide-functionalized textile and its relevance for atopic dermatitis. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol 2013; 6:115–21., , et al.