Chemical peeling in ethnic skin: an update (pages 82–90)
A. Salam, O.E. Dadzie and H. Galadari
Version of Record online: 4 OCT 2013 | DOI: 10.1111/bjd.12535
What's already known about this topic?
- Chemical peels are efficacious therapeutic interventions for many skin disorders.
- Many peels exist; however, not all are safe for use in ethnic skin.
- Darker skin types have an increased risk of adverse events from chemical peeling such as pigmentary disorders.
What does this study add?
- This is an up-to-date review of the various peeling agents and their indications for use in ethnic skin.
- It provides a summary of newer peeling agents.
- It gives practical tips on performing chemical peeling safely and effectively in ethnic skin.
- Prevention and management of complications of chemical peeling in this cohort are discussed.