Funding Cancer Research UK (CRUK) reference: C328/A8692.
SABRE 1 (Surgery Against Brachytherapy – a Randomised Evaluation): feasibility randomised controlled trial (RCT) of brachytherapy vs radical prostatectomy in low–intermediate risk clinically localised prostate cancer
Article first published online: 4 JUL 2013
© 2013 BJU International
Volume 112, Issue 3, pages 330–337, August 2013
How to Cite
Eccles, B. K., Cross, W., Rosario, D. J., Doble, A., Parker, C., Logue, J., Little, L., Stanton, L. and Bottomley, D. (2013), SABRE 1 (Surgery Against Brachytherapy – a Randomised Evaluation): feasibility randomised controlled trial (RCT) of brachytherapy vs radical prostatectomy in low–intermediate risk clinically localised prostate cancer. BJU International, 112: 330–337. doi: 10.1111/bju.12127
International Standard Randomised Controlled Trial Number Register (ISRCTN) registration number: 88144169.
- Issue published online: 4 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 4 JUL 2013
- Cancer Research UK
- The Clinical Trials Awards and Advisory Committee (CTAAC). Grant Number: C328/A8692
- The National Cancer Research Network (NCRN). Grant Number: 11061813
- 1Cancer Research UK. Prostate cancer incidence statistics. 2013. Available at: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/types/prostate/incidence/uk-prostate-cancer-incidence-statistics. Accessed March 2013
- 4National Institute for Clinical Excellence. NICE Interventional Procedure Guidance 132. Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy for Localised Prostate Cancer. London: National Institute for Clinical Excellence, 2005. Available at: http://www.nice.org.uk/ipg132. Accessed March 2013
- 5Randomised controlled trial (RCT) of Laparoscopic, OPEn and Robot-Assisted prostatectomy as treatment for organ-confined prostate cancer. LopeRA Feasibility Study. 2011. NCRI cancer conference 2011: poster A49. Available at: http://www.ncri.org.uk/ncriconference/2011abstracts/abstracts/A49.html. Accessed March 2013, , et al.
- 7The NHS Health Technology Assessment Programme. The ProtecT trial – evaluating the effectiveness of treatments for clinically localised prostate cancer. 2005. Available at: http://www.ncchta.org/projectdata. Accessed March 2013
- 13The Prostate cancer Intervention Versus Observation Trial:VA/NCI/AHRQ Cooperative Studies Program #407 (PIVOT): design and baseline results of a randomized controlled trial comparing radical prostatectomy to watchful waiting for men with clinically localized prostate cancer. Contemp Clin Trials 2009; 30: 81–87, , et al.