Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
Robotics and Laparoscopy
Relative effectiveness of robot-assisted and standard laparoscopic prostatectomy as alternatives to open radical prostatectomy for treatment of localised prostate cancer: a systematic review and mixed treatment comparison meta-analysis
Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Authors. BJU International © 2013 BJU International
Volume 112, Issue 6, pages 798–812, October 2013
How to Cite
Robertson, C., Close, A., Fraser, C., Gurung, T., Jia, X., Sharma, P., Vale, L., Ramsay, C. and Pickard, R. (2013), Relative effectiveness of robot-assisted and standard laparoscopic prostatectomy as alternatives to open radical prostatectomy for treatment of localised prostate cancer: a systematic review and mixed treatment comparison meta-analysis. BJU International, 112: 798–812. doi: 10.1111/bju.12247
- Issue online: 13 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 MAY 2013 06:47AM EST
- UK NIHR Health Technology Assessment Programme. Grant Number: 09/14/02
- Chief Scientist Office of the Scottish Government Health Directorates
- 1Not a zero-sum game: the adoption of robotics has increased overall prostatectomy utilisation in the United States [document on the Internet]. Abstract presented at the American Urological Association Annual Meeting, 2011. Available at: http://www.aua2011.org/abstracts/process.cfm?title=General+&+Epidemiological+Trends+&+Socioeconomics:+Practice+Patterns,+Cost+Effectiveness&searchType=title. Accesssed January 2013, , .
- 2UK Department of Health. National Schedules of Reference Costs 2011–12. London: UK Department of Health, 2013. [speadsheets on the Internet]. Available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/health/2012/11/2011-12-reference-costs/. Accessed January 2013
- 10National Insititute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Improving Outcomes in Urological Cancers – Manual. London: National Insititute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 2002 [document on the Internet]. Available at: http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CSGUC/Guidance/pdf/English. Accessed January 2013
- 11National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Prostate Cancer. V.3.2011. Fort Washington, PA: National Comprehensive Cancer Network, 2011 [document on the Internet]. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/prostate.pdf. Accessed January 2013
- 14Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [document on the Internet]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available at: http://www.cochrane-handbook.org/. Accessed January 2013, .
- 18Fluoride toothpastes for preventing dental caries in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003; (1): CD002278, , , .
- 19Laparoscopic versus open radical retropubic prostatectomy: a case-control study at a single institution. Arch Ital Urol Androl 2010; 82: 109–112, , et al.
- 22First 500 cases of robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy from a single UK centre: learning curves of two surgeons. BJU Int 2011; 108: 739–747, , et al.
- 24Health Technology Assessment of Robot-Assisted Surgery in Selected Surgical Procedures. Dublin: Health Information and Quality Authority Health Technology Assessment Directorate, 2012 [document on the Internet]. Available at: http://www.hiqa.ie/healthcare/health-technology-assessment/assessments/robot-assisted-surgery. Accessed January 2013, , , , .
- 29Evaluating non-randomised intervention studies. Health Technol Assess 2003; 7: 1–173, , et al.
- 31Robot-Assisted Surgery Compared with Open Surgery and Laparoscopic Surgery: Clinical Effectiveness and Economic Analyses. Technology Report 137. Ottawa: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health, 2011 [document on the Internet]. Available at: http://www.cadth.ca/en/products/health-technology-assessment/publication/2682. Accessed January 2013, , et al.