Tadalafil once daily in the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) suggestive of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men without erectile dysfunction
Article first published online: 13 AUG 2013
© 2013 The Authors. BJU International © 2013 BJU International
Volume 112, Issue 7, pages 990–997, November 2013
How to Cite
Brock, G., Broderick, G., Roehrborn, C. G., Xu, L., Wong, D. and Viktrup, L. (2013), Tadalafil once daily in the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) suggestive of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men without erectile dysfunction. BJU International, 112: 990–997. doi: 10.1111/bju.12251
- Issue published online: 11 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 13 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 MAY 2013 06:48AM EST
- 6Combination therapy with finasteride and tadalafil once daily for 6 months: a randomized, placebo-controlled study in men with lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia. Eur Urol 2013; 12 (Suppl): e1096, , et al.
- 7Update on the American Urological Association guidelines for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Rev Urol 2006; 8 (Suppl. 4): S10–17.
- 10Flomax® (Tamsulosin) [Package Insert]. Ridgefield, CT: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 2009. Available at: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=6db9cdec-0833-4391-8764-079ce6f7e4d1. Accessed July 2013
- 11Rapaflo® (Silodosin) [Package Insert]. Corona, CA: Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 2011. Available at: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=96425d91-cfe1-477d-a130-b58c330ca8a3. Accessed July 2013
- 13AUA Practice Guidelines Committee. AUA guideline on the management of benign prostatic hyperplasia, chapter 1: diagnosis and treatment recommendations. Available at: http://www.auanet.org/common/pdf/education/Arc-BPH-Chapter1.pdf. Revised 2003. Accessed July 2013
- 14US Food and Drug Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services. Questions and Answers: Finasteride Label Changes. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/InformationbyDrugClass/ucm299754.htm. Revised April 2012. Accessed July 2013
- 15Proscar® (Finasteride) [Package Insert]. Whitehouse Station, NJ: Merck & Co, Inc, 2012. Available at: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=7c01f541-1c88-400c-41a9-7cbb9dee50c0. Accessed July 2013
- 16Tadalafil 2.5 or 5 mg administered once daily for 12 weeks in men with both erectile dysfunction and signs and symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia: results of a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study. J Sex Med 2012; 9: 271–281, , et al.
- 22AUA Practice Guidelines Committee. American Urological Association guideline: on the management of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Available at: http://www.auanet.org/education/guidelines/benign-prostatic-hyperplasia.cfm. Revised 2010. Accessed July 2013
- 29Phosphodiesterase type 5 expression in human and rat lower urinary tract tissues and the effect of tadalafil on prostate gland oxygenation in spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Sex Med 2011; 8: 2746–2760, , et al.
- 30Cialis® (Tadalafil) [Package Insert]. Indianapolis, IN: Lilly USA, LLC, 2011. Available at: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=bcd8f8ab-81a2-4891-83db-24a0b0e25895. Accessed July 2013
- 32Inhibitory effects of phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor, tadalafil, on mechanosensitive bladder afferent nerve activities of the rat, and on acrolein-induced hyperactivity of these nerves. BJU Int 2012; 110 (6 Pt B): E259–266, , , .
- 34Reply from Authors re: Steven A. Kaplan. Tadalafil for the Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: when the Moment Does Not Add Up. Eur Urol 2013; 63: 517–8: Tadalafil in the Treatment of Men with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and/or Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms. Eur Urol 2013; 63: 519–520, .