P.R. and M.B. contributed equally to this manuscript.
Benefit in regionalisation of care for patients treated with radical cystectomy: a nationwide inpatient sample analysis
Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors. BJU International © 2013 BJU International
Volume 113, Issue 5, pages 733–740, May 2014
How to Cite
Ravi, P., Bianchi, M., Hansen, J., Trinh, Q.-D., Tian, Z., Meskawi, M., Abdollah, F., Briganti, A., Shariat, S. F., Perrotte, P., Montorsi, F., Karakiewicz, P. I. and Sun, M. (2014), Benefit in regionalisation of care for patients treated with radical cystectomy: a nationwide inpatient sample analysis. BJU International, 113: 733–740. doi: 10.1111/bju.12288
- Issue online: 9 APR 2014
- Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 JUN 2013 06:35AM EST
- University of Montreal Health Centre Urology Specialists
- Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec
- University of Montreal Department of Surgery
- University of Montreal Health Centre (CHUM) Foundation
- 4Evidence-based hospital referral. The Leapfrog Group, 2004. Available at: http://www.leapfroggroup.org/media/file/leapfrog-Evidence-based_Hospital_referral_fact_Sheet.pdf. Accessed 20 July 2013.
- 16Trends in regionalization of radical cystectomy in three large northeastern states from 1996 to 2009. Urol Oncol 2012; [Epub ahead of print]. DOI:10.1016/j.urolonc.2012.04.018, , et al.
- 23Potential benefits of regionalizing major surgery in Medicare patients. [Research Support, U.S. Gov't, Non-P.H.S.]. Eff Clin Pract 1999; 2: 277–283, , .
- 25Differences in operative mortality between high- and low-volume hospitals in Ontario for 5 major surgical procedures: estimating the number of lives potentially saved through regionalization. [Comparative Study Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]. CMAJ 2003; 168: 1409–1414, , .
- 27Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. National healthcare expenditure data projects 2011–2021. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData/Downloads/Proj2011PDF.pdf. Accessed 19 September 2012