USANZ: Time-trends in use and impact on outcomes of perioperative chemotherapy in patients treated with radical cystectomy for urothelial bladder cancer
Article first published online: 15 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. BJU International © 2013 BJU International
Special Issue: Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand Supplement
Volume 112, Issue Supplement S2, pages 74–82, November 2013
How to Cite
Liew, M. S., Azad, A., Tafreshi, A., Eapen, R., Bolton, D., Davis, I. D. and Sengupta, S. (2013), USANZ: Time-trends in use and impact on outcomes of perioperative chemotherapy in patients treated with radical cystectomy for urothelial bladder cancer. BJU International, 112: 74–82. doi: 10.1111/bju.12384
- Issue published online: 15 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 15 OCT 2013
- Australian National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) postgraduate scholarship
- NHMRC Practitioner Fellowship
- 1Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) and Australasian Association of Cancer Registries (AACR). Cancer in australia: an overview, 2010. canberra: AIHW; 2010. Cancer Series no. 37. Cat no. CAN32
- 5International Collaboration of Trialists, Medical Research Council Advanced Bladder Cancer Working Party (now the National Cancer Research Institute Bladder Cancer Clinical Studies Group), European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Genito-Urinary Tract Cancer Group et al. International phase III trial assessing neoadjuvant cisplatin, methotrexate, and vinblastine chemotherapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: long-term results of the BA06 30894 trial. J Clin Oncol 2011; 29: 2171–2177
- 6Advanced Bladder Cancer Meta-analysis Collaboration. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for invasive bladder cancer. Cochrane Database of Syst Rev 2004; 1. Art. No.: CD005246
- 14Advanced Bladder Cancer Meta-analysis collaboration. Adjuvant chemotherapy for invasive bladder cancer (individual patient data). Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006; 2, CD006018,
- 16Pathological responses to gemcitabine/platinum-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy for muscle-invasive urothelial cancer. Asia-Pac J Clin Oncol 2012; 8: 101–102, ,
- 19The current status of perioperative chemotherapy for invasive bladder cancer: a multiinstitutional retrospective study in japan. Int J Clin Oncol 2004; 10: 133–138, , et al.
- 24Adoption of neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy for bladder cancer: a population-based study. J Clin Oncol 2011; 29 (suppl; abstr 4644), , , , , .
- 25Multi-institutional quality-of-care initiative for nonmetastatic, muscle-invasive, transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: phase I. J Clin Oncol 2011; 29 (suppl 7; abstr 240), , et al.
- 32Randomized phase III study comparing paclitaxel/cisplatin/ gemcitabine and gemcitabine/cisplatin in patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial cancer without prior systemic therapy: eortc intergroup study 30987. J Clin Oncol 2012; 30: 1107–1113, , et al.