Is evolutionary biology becoming too politically correct? A reflection on the scala naturae, phylogenetically basal clades, anatomically plesiomorphic taxa, and ‘lower’ animals
Article first published online: 11 JUN 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Biological Reviews © 2014 Cambridge Philosophical Society
Volume 90, Issue 2, pages 502–521, May 2015
How to Cite
Diogo, R., Ziermann, J. M. and Linde-Medina, M. (2015), Is evolutionary biology becoming too politically correct? A reflection on the scala naturae, phylogenetically basal clades, anatomically plesiomorphic taxa, and ‘lower’ animals. Biological Reviews, 90: 502–521. doi: 10.1111/brv.12121
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2015
- Article first published online: 11 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 28 APR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 28 AUG 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!