This paper is a substantially modified version of World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 4894 and OECD Development Centre Working Papers 286, OECD Publishing. The authors would like to thank two anonymous referees as well as Mary Amiti, Richard Disney, Jonathan Haskel, Beata Javorcik, Baybars Karacaovali, Jimmy Lopez, Ricardo Lopez, Jacques Mairesse, Adrian Wood, and seminar participants at the Edinburgh Workshop on Firm-Level Data Analysis in Transition and Developing Economies, the 3rd Conference on Micro Evidence on Innovation in Developing Economies, the Chicago Fed, the 4th ISGEP Conference at the University of Valencia, the University of Oxford, the 2010 Southern Economic Conference, the Inter-American Development Bank, the University of Texas at Arlington, the 2010 Zvi Griliches Seminar at the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, the 2010 Meeting of the French Economic Association, the 10th Comparative Analysis of Enterprise Data & COST Conference, the 15th Meeting of the Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association and the World Bank for valuable comments. The authors thank Eric Verhoogen for sharing his data on the advertising intensity of U.S. industries and Francis Ng for help with COMTRADE data. Support from the governments of Norway, Sweden, and the United Kingdom through the Multidonor Trust Fund for Trade and Development is gratefully acknowledged. The findings expressed in this paper are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the World Bank or the OECD. Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Does trade stimulate product quality upgrading?
Version of Record online: 14 NOV 2013
© Canadian Economics Association
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique
Volume 46, Issue 4, pages 1232–1264, November/novembre 2013
How to Cite
Fernandes, A. M. and Paunov, C. (2013), Does trade stimulate product quality upgrading?. Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, 46: 1232–1264. doi: 10.1111/caje.12047
- Issue online: 14 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 14 NOV 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!