This paper was written while Michel Beine was visiting the World Bank, DECRG Trade Unit. We thank David Green and one anonymous referee for very useful comments and suggestions. Thanks are also due to Chris Parsons for providing us with the data, to Assaf Razin, Hillel Rapoport, Caglar Özden, Ramón Lopez, Paola Conconi, and participants at the July 2008 OECD-CEPII Brain Drain Conference in Paris and of the TOM Conference in Louvain for their useful comments, and to Cristina Neagu for assistance with various aspects of the paper. The views presented in this paper are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of their respective institutions, including the World Bank, its executive directors, or the governments they represent. The second author acknowledges financial support from the ARC convention on Geographical Mobility of Workers and Firms (convention 09/14-019). Email: email@example.com
International migration, transfer of norms and home country fertility
Article first published online: 14 NOV 2013
© Canadian Economics Association
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique
Volume 46, Issue 4, pages 1406–1430, November/novembre 2013
How to Cite
Beine, M., Docquier, F. and Schiff, M. (2013), International migration, transfer of norms and home country fertility. Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, 46: 1406–1430. doi: 10.1111/caje.12062
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 14 NOV 2013
- ARC convention on Geographical Mobility of Workers and Firms (convention 09/14-019)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!