The author thanks the anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on this paper, as well as John Biles, Daniele Belanger, Charlene Miall, and Dorothy Pawluch for their comments on earlier drafts, and Johanne Jean-Pierre for her translation assistance. He would also like to thank the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for its support of this research, and the Department of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism for granting him access to overseas visa offices. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the Canadian Sociology Association in Victoria, BC, in June 2013.
Canadian Visa Officers and the Social Construction of “Real” Spousal Relationships
Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2014
© 2014 Canadian Sociological Association/La Société canadienne de sociologie
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 1–21, February 2014
How to Cite
Satzewich, V. (2014), Canadian Visa Officers and the Social Construction of “Real” Spousal Relationships. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 51: 1–21. doi: 10.1111/cars.12031
- Issue online: 21 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!