The author underlines how very honored and grateful she is for having received the Canadian Sociological Association's 2012 John Porter Book Award! She is indebted to too many people to be able to thank them all in person here. She acknowledges the colleagues who volunteered their time to serve on the jury, and her interlocutors in three book symposia (published or forthcoming in Canadian Ethnic Studies (2011), Journal of International Migration and Integration (2014), SociologieS (forthcoming); cf. bibliography). She is specifically thankful to the three anonymous reviewers for their careful reading of this paper, whose second part has been fundamentally revised in response to their suggestions. Finally, she is happy to acknowledge the funding received for both research projects mentioned in this paper from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. The author is solely responsible for all remaining errors of fact or interpretation.
Us, Them, and Others: Reflections on Canadian Multiculturalism and National Identity at the Turn of the Twenty-First Century
Version of Record online: 13 APR 2014
© 2014 Canadian Sociological Association/La Société canadienne de sociologie
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 128–151, May 2014
How to Cite
Winter, E. (2014), Us, Them, and Others: Reflections on Canadian Multiculturalism and National Identity at the Turn of the Twenty-First Century. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 51: 128–151. doi: 10.1111/cars.12039
Porter Lecture at the Canadian Sociological Association, Victoria, June 4, 2013.
Submitted for publication in the Canadian Review of Sociology (November 19, 2013).
- Issue online: 13 APR 2014
- Version of Record online: 13 APR 2014
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!