Sandra Waxman, Department of Psychology, Northwestern University; Xiaolan Fu, Institute of Psychology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Beijing); Sudha Arunachalam, Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, Boston University; Erin Leddon, Department of Linguistics, Northwestern University; Kathleen Geraghty, Department of Psychology, Northwestern University; Hyun-joo Song, Department of Psychology, Yonsei University (Seoul).
Are Nouns Learned Before Verbs? Infants Provide Insight Into a Long-Standing Debate
Article first published online: 11 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development Perspectives © 2013 The Society for Research in Child Development
Child Development Perspectives
Volume 7, Issue 3, pages 155–159, September 2013
How to Cite
Waxman, S., Fu, X., Arunachalam, S., Leddon, E., Geraghty, K. and Song, H.-j. (2013), Are Nouns Learned Before Verbs? Infants Provide Insight Into a Long-Standing Debate. Child Development Perspectives, 7: 155–159. doi: 10.1111/cdep.12032
This work was supported by NIH HD30410 and NSF BCS 1023300 to SRW. We are grateful to our colleagues and collaborators for the insights they have provided in discussions of this review.
- Issue published online: 12 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 11 APR 2013
- NIH. Grant Number: HD30410
- NSF. Grant Number: BCS 1023300
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.