We are grateful to the children, teachers, and school principals who participated in and contributed to this project. We thank Carolyn Anderson, Dov Cohen, Allison Ryan, Brendesha Tynes, and the anonymous reviewers for their thoughtful feedback on previous drafts of this manuscript. We thank the students at Oberlin College who worked to prepare data for analysis: Rebecca Brown, Katherine Lemoine, Caroline Martin, Maya Matalon, Emily Neuhoff, Yue Tang, Michaela Turnbull, and Robert Yu. This research was supported by grants to the second author from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (R03 HD48491-01) and the Spencer Foundation (Small Grant #20050079).
Children's Cross-Ethnic Relationships in Elementary Schools: Concurrent and Prospective Associations Between Ethnic Segregation and Social Status
Article first published online: 21 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 3, pages 1081–1097, May/June 2013
How to Cite
Wilson, T. M. and Rodkin, P. C. (2013), Children's Cross-Ethnic Relationships in Elementary Schools: Concurrent and Prospective Associations Between Ethnic Segregation and Social Status. Child Development, 84: 1081–1097. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12020
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 21 NOV 2012
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Grant Number: R03 HD48491-01
- Spencer Foundation. Grant Number: 20050079
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.