This article is based on a masters thesis conducted by Petersen under the direction of McNeil. This research was supported by a Graduate Student Professional Development Grant from the University of Notre Dame. Thanks to Scott Maxwell, Cindy Bergeman, Laura Carlson, Brad Gibson, Percival Matthews, Dana Chesney, April Dunwiddie, Ann Johnson, and Elizabeth Hendriks for their input on earlier drafts of this paper. This research would not have been possible without the support of the administrators, teachers, parents, and students of the Early Childhood Development Center.
Effects of Perceptually Rich Manipulatives on Preschoolers' Counting Performance: Established Knowledge Counts
Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 3, pages 1020–1033, May/June 2013
How to Cite
Petersen, L. A. and McNeil, N. M. (2013), Effects of Perceptually Rich Manipulatives on Preschoolers' Counting Performance: Established Knowledge Counts. Child Development, 84: 1020–1033. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12028
- Issue online: 8 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2012
- University of Notre Dame
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.