This work was supported by NICHD Grant 5R01HD050199 and by NSF Grant BCS-0642529 to the second and third authors. We thank everyone at the Temple University Infant Lab and in the Spatial Intelligence and Learning Center (particularly the RISC group at Temple University) for their invaluable contributions to this project. We also thank Nora Newcombe for helpful suggestions on many phases of this project. Special thanks to Kelly Fisher, Sarah Roseberry, Andrea Frick, Wendy Shallcross, Yannos Misitzis, Russell Richie, Katrina Ferrara, Carolyn Winslow, and Rhea Miles for their help in stimulus design, data collection, and coding. We are grateful to the children and parents who participated in the study.
Forces and Motion: How Young Children Understand Causal Events
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 4, pages 1285–1295, July/August 2013
How to Cite
Göksun, T., George, N. R., Hirsh-Pasek, K. and Golinkoff, R. M. (2013), Forces and Motion: How Young Children Understand Causal Events. Child Development, 84: 1285–1295. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12035
- Issue published online: 12 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
- NICHD. Grant Number: 5R01HD050199
- NSF. Grant Number: BCS-0642529
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.