This research was supported in part by grants from the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIH-NIDCD) R01 DC00646 and R01 DC009890, the Barkley Trust and the Nebraska Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation. The authors would like to thank Nirmal Srinivasan, Cynthia Didion, Lauren Brockevelt, Laura Beshaler, Antje Mefferd, Paige Leising, Wendy Quach, Susan Fager, Lacey LaBarge, Cory Quinlan, Cara Ullman, and Julie Wyss for their help in data collection and analysis.
Increases in Cognitive and Linguistic Processing Primarily Account for Increases in Speaking Rate With Age
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 4, pages 1324–1337, July/August 2013
How to Cite
Nip, I. S. B. and Green, J. R. (2013), Increases in Cognitive and Linguistic Processing Primarily Account for Increases in Speaking Rate With Age. Child Development, 84: 1324–1337. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12052
- Issue published online: 12 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2013
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. Grant Numbers: R01 DC00646, R01 DC009890
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.