Elizabeth A. Gunderson is now at Temple University. This research was supported by National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Grant P01HD40605 to Susan Goldin-Meadow and Susan C. Levine, and by National Center for Education Research Grant R305C050076 to Elizabeth Gunderson. We thank Kristi Schonwald, Jodi Khan, and Jason Voigt for administrative and technical support, and Laura Chang, Elaine Croft, Ashley Drake, Kristen Duboc, Lauren Graham, Jennifer Griffin, Kristen Jezior, Lauren King, Max Masich, Erica Mellum, Josey Mintel, Jana Oberholtzer, Emily Ostergaard, Lilia Rissman, Rebecca Seibel, Calla Trofatter, Kevin Uttich, Julie Wallman, and Kristin Walters for help in data collection, transcription, and coding. We also are grateful to the participating children and families.
Parent Praise to 1- to 3-Year-Olds Predicts Children's Motivational Frameworks 5 Years Later
Article first published online: 11 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 5, pages 1526–1541, September/October 2013
How to Cite
Gunderson, E. A., Gripshover, S. J., Romero, C., Dweck, C. S., Goldin-Meadow, S. and Levine, S. C. (2013), Parent Praise to 1- to 3-Year-Olds Predicts Children's Motivational Frameworks 5 Years Later. Child Development, 84: 1526–1541. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12064
- Issue published online: 3 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 11 FEB 2013
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Grant Number: P01HD40605
- National Center for Education Research. Grant Number: R305C050076
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.