Wenke Möhring, Department of Psychology, University of Zurich, Switzerland; Andrea Frick, Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA.
Touching Up Mental Rotation: Effects of Manual Experience on 6-Month-Old Infants’ Mental Object Rotation
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 5, pages 1554–1565, September/October 2013
How to Cite
Möhring, W. and Frick, A. (2013), Touching Up Mental Rotation: Effects of Manual Experience on 6-Month-Old Infants’ Mental Object Rotation. Child Development, 84: 1554–1565. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12065
Wenke Möhring is now at the Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA. Andrea Frick is now at the Department of Psychology, University of Bern, Switzerland.
This research was supported by a research grant from the Swiss National Science Foundation PZ00P1_131866 to the second author. We wish to thank Friedrich Wilkening and Nora S. Newcombe for their helpful comments on previous versions of the manuscript. We also thank Raquel Paz and Sarah Laupper for their help with data collection and coding, Christian Paschke for his help with preparing the stimuli, and Henri Gossweiler for his help with producing the video sequences. Finally, we wish to thank the parents who kindly agreed to have their infants participate in this study.
- Issue published online: 3 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2013
- Swiss National Science Foundation. Grant Number: PZ00P1_131866
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.