This work was supported by funds from the Canada Foundation for Innovation and from the Canada Research Chairs Program (Graham), and by an operating grant from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (Graham, Chambers). Berman was supported by a graduate fellowship from SSHRC and Callaway was supported by a summer studentship from NSERC. We thank Heather MacKenzie, Melanie Khu, Chelsea Humphry, Stepanie Archer, and Michelle Zepeda for their assistance with this research as well as the parents and children who participated. Some of the data presented in Experiment 2 were included in J. Berman's dissertation, submitted to the University of Calgary.
Preschoolers Use Emotion in Speech to Learn New Words
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 5, pages 1791–1805, September/October 2013
How to Cite
Berman, J. M. J., Graham, S. A., Callaway, D. and Chambers, C. G. (2013), Preschoolers Use Emotion in Speech to Learn New Words. Child Development, 84: 1791–1805. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12074
- Issue published online: 3 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Canada Research Chairs Program
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.