This research was supported by an Economic and Social Research Council 1+3 Open Competition Studentship awarded to Bonny Hartley. The authors are grateful to the head teachers, teachers, children, and parents who were involved in this research. Also, the authors thank Karen Douglas for her invaluable comments on an earlier draft of this article.
A Stereotype Threat Account of Boys' Academic Underachievement
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
How to Cite
Hartley, B. L. and Sutton, R. M. (2013), A Stereotype Threat Account of Boys' Academic Underachievement. Child Development. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12079
- Article first published online: 12 FEB 2013
- Economic and Social Research Council
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!