This research was funded by ARC Discovery Grant DP0772441 (Chief Investigators: C. Best & C. Kitamura) and NIH Grant DC000403 (Principal Investigator: C. Best), with contributions from the Dean of the College of Arts at the University of Western Sydney, and the Marcs Institute via Research Training Scheme funds. Acknowledgment is also given to the first author's support from an EIPRS scholarship from the Australian Department of Education, Employment & Workplace Relations. We express our gratitude to our toddler participants and their parents for their invaluable contributions and interest in the research. We also thank Rikke Bundgaard-Nielsen, Lidija Krebs-Lazendic, Anna Notley, and Bethany Wootton for their work in stimulus development, Alizee Foucher, Carly Hayman, and Michelle Pal for their assistance in running the study, and Lauren Tornatore for her help with earlier pilot work. Finally, we thank Damien Smith for feedback on earlier versions of this manuscript.
Development of Phonological Constancy: 19-Month-Olds, but Not 15-Month-Olds, Identify Words in a Non-Native Regional Accent
Article first published online: 22 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 6, pages 2064–2078, November/December 2013
How to Cite
Mulak, K. E., Best, C. T., Tyler, M. D., Kitamura, C. and Irwin, J. R. (2013), Development of Phonological Constancy: 19-Month-Olds, but Not 15-Month-Olds, Identify Words in a Non-Native Regional Accent. Child Development, 84: 2064–2078. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12087
- Issue published online: 11 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 22 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.