This work was generously supported by grants from the National Science Foundation (SBE-0354453) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC 410-2008-1681). Any opinions, findings, and conclusions expressed in the study are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of NSF or SSHRC. We are grateful to the parents and children who participated in this research. We would like to thank Joy Durham, Jill Huynh, Reema Jayaker, Leah Lee, Jacque Mullen, Atsuko Ishida, and Sarah Zebrowski for their assistance with the study, and Betty Repacholi, Yuichi Shoda, and Cheryl Kaiser for their comments on an earlier version of this manuscript.
Measuring Beliefs in Centimeters: Private Knowledge Biases Preschoolers' and Adults' Representation of Others' Beliefs
Article first published online: 12 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 6, pages 1846–1854, November/December 2013
How to Cite
Sommerville, J. A., Bernstein, D. M. and Meltzoff, A. N. (2013), Measuring Beliefs in Centimeters: Private Knowledge Biases Preschoolers' and Adults' Representation of Others' Beliefs. Child Development, 84: 1846–1854. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12110
- Issue published online: 11 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 12 APR 2013
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: SBE-0354453
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. Grant Number: SSHRC 410-2008-1681
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!