We wish to thank Joe Wong for drawing the stimuli for the research, the participating after-school programs and children for their cooperation, and Ge Song, Cheng Ka Ki Kitty, and the undergraduate research assistants who assisted with interviews and data entry. We are also grateful to the Hong Kong Institute of Education for their funding.
American and Chinese Children's Evaluations of Personal Domain Events and Resistance to Parental Authority
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 85, Issue 2, pages 626–642, March/April 2014
How to Cite
Smetana, J. G., Wong, M., Ball, C. and Yau, J. (2014), American and Chinese Children's Evaluations of Personal Domain Events and Resistance to Parental Authority. Child Development, 85: 626–642. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12140
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.