This research was supported by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health. The authors would like to thank members of the UCLA Middle School Diversity Project for their assistance with data collection, as well as Guadalupe Espinoza, Negin Ghavami, Sandra Graham, Hannah Schacter, and Ylva Svensson for their comments on the manuscript.
Social Identity Complexity, Cross-Ethnic Friendships, and Intergroup Attitudes in Urban Middle Schools
Version of Record online: 9 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 85, Issue 2, pages 709–721, March/April 2014
How to Cite
Knifsend, C. A. and Juvonen, J. (2014), Social Identity Complexity, Cross-Ethnic Friendships, and Intergroup Attitudes in Urban Middle Schools. Child Development, 85: 709–721. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12157
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 9 SEP 2013
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.