This research was supported by funds from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (R01HD061376; PI: Umaña-Taylor), the Department of Health and Human Services (APRPA006011; PI: Umaña-Taylor), and the Cowden Fund and Challenged Child Project of the School of Social and Family Dynamics at Arizona State University. We thank the adolescents and female family members who participated in this study. We also thank Edna Alfaro, Mayra Bámaca, Diamond Bravo, Emily Cansler, Lluliana Flores, Melinda Gonzales-Backen, Elizabeth Harvey, Melissa Herzog, Sarah Killoren, Ethelyn Lara, Esther Ontiveros, Jacqueline Pflieger, and the undergraduate research assistants of the Supporting MAMI project for their contributions to the larger study. All coauthors are affiliated with the School of Social and Family Dynamics, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287-3701.
Family Context, Mexican-Origin Adolescent Mothers' Parenting Knowledge, and Children's Subsequent Developmental Outcomes
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
How to Cite
Jahromi, L. B., Guimond, A. B., Umaña-Taylor, A. J., Updegraff, K. A. and Toomey, R. B. (2013), Family Context, Mexican-Origin Adolescent Mothers' Parenting Knowledge, and Children's Subsequent Developmental Outcomes. Child Development. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12160
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2013
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Grant Number: R01HD061376
- Department of Health and Human Services. Grant Number: APRPA006011
- Cowden Fund
- Arizona State University
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.