This work was supported by grants from the French Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR-2010-BLAN-1901) and from French Fondation de France to Anne Christophe, from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (HD054448) to Cynthia Fisher, Fondation Fyssen and Ecole de Neurosciences de Paris to Alex Cristia, and a PhD fellowship from the Direction Générale de l'Armement (DGA, France) supported by the PhD program FdV (Frontières du Vivant) to Isabelle Dautriche. We thank Isabelle Brunet for the recruitment, Michel Dutat for the technical support, and Hernan Anllo for his puppet mastery skill. We are grateful to the families that participated in this study. We also thank two anonymous reviewers for their comments on an earlier draft of this manuscript.
Toddlers Default to Canonical Surface-to-Meaning Mapping When Learning Verbs
Version of Record online: 30 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 85, Issue 3, pages 1168–1180, May/June 2014
How to Cite
Dautriche, I., Cristia, A., Brusini, P., Yuan, S., Fisher, C. and Christophe, A. (2014), Toddlers Default to Canonical Surface-to-Meaning Mapping When Learning Verbs. Child Development, 85: 1168–1180. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12164
- Issue online: 10 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 30 SEP 2013
- French Agence Nationale de la Recherche. Grant Number: ANR-2010-BLAN-1901
- French Fondation de France
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Grant Number: HD054448
- Fondation Fyssen and Ecole de Neurosciences de Paris
- Direction Générale de l'Armement
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.