This research was supported by the National Institutes of Health Stimulus Grant 1RC1HD0634970-01 to Roberta Michnick Golinkoff at the University of Delaware and Kathryn Hirsh-Pasek at Temple University, and the National Science Foundation via the Spatial Intelligence and Learning Center (SBE-1041707). The authors thank Marcia Halperin and Nancy Jordan for their consultation on this project; Angeliki Athanasopoulou, ToriAnne Davies, Raissa Dempsey, and Gabrielle Farmer for research assistance and feedback on the manuscript; and Herbert Ginsburg and Sandra Pappas for their help with the EMAS assessment. We also thank Mega Bloks® who provided the blocks used in the study.
Deconstructing Building Blocks: Preschoolers' Spatial Assembly Performance Relates to Early Mathematical Skills
Article first published online: 23 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Child Development © 2013 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
How to Cite
Verdine, B. N., Golinkoff, R. M., Hirsh-Pasek, K., Newcombe, N. S., Filipowicz, A. T. and Chang, A. (2013), Deconstructing Building Blocks: Preschoolers' Spatial Assembly Performance Relates to Early Mathematical Skills. Child Development. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12165
- Article first published online: 23 SEP 2013
- University of Delaware
- Temple University
- National Science Foundation
- Spatial Intelligence and Learning Center. Grant Number: 1RC1HD0634970-01
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: 1RC1HD0634970-01, SBE-1041707
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.